Monday, June 6, 2011

Sweet Taters Are Planted....

Finally! I was waiting on some rain but none has appeared. We got some of the slips in the ground late this afternoon. We put plenty of water around them so maybe they will be alright without rain for the time being. Rain will come......One day.

I'm going to pull the beets and put them up. Then plant some more sweet potatoes in the bed where the beets are now.

We've never planted sweet potatoes before but these were given to me by my stepfather to plant for the slips so if they don't do well then we're only out our time and energy. I'm hoping that we'll be able to harvest a few "taters" any way.

The green beans are making good. We will pick them again tomorrow morning and then I am planning to can them. I may have to go to my Mom's to get her to help me but I will get it done one way or the other. :)

That's the news from Hunny Bunny Haven. I hope you all are staying cool. I'm sure trying but it's a job what with temps almost hitting the 100 degree mark and heat indexes over 105.

No comments:

Post a Comment