Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Our Newest Hunny Bunny Haven Residents....

I had talked with a man last year about buying some goslings from him this spring and then I reminded him a few months ago. Today he came over and asked if I still wanted some goslings. He said that three had hatched out a couple of days ago and I could get the two I wanted. After he left I called him and told him I'd take all three if he'd not promised the extra one to someone else.

This afternoon the three new residents of Hunny Bunny Haven arrived. They are so cute. They make me think of powder puffs. LOL

Photobucket


When I called him to tell him I'd take all three, I asked him if he'd be interested in some of our extra roosters. He looked at them when brought the goslings over and he's taking enough roosters to pay for the goslings. A good trade makes me happy!

He told me that he has some turkey eggs in an incubator and if they hatch that he will sell me five of the turkeys. I would love to get them and keep a tom and hen to raise my own turkeys from now on. The other three would go to Freezer Camp.

If I can get the turkeys from him then I'll have all my birds. Well, unless I can find someone who will sell me some quail. I'd love to raise some quail to put in the freezer but if I don't find the quail then I'll have all the birds I've been wanting. We have chickens, ducks, geese, guineas and then the turkeys.

As The A-Team's Hannibal Smith used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together." Now if I can talk William into buying a calf, pig and some goats. Our farm will be complete. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment