Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just In Time

I got out early this morning and gathered the peppers, asparagus beans, okra and blueberries. Then I came inside to do some inside chores.

William and I had checked the map on the Weather Channel before he left for a school workshop this morning. The map showed rain all down Texas and Louisiana. Me being the smart thinking person that I am (AHEM) figured that we'd have to get rain today.

With that thought in mind I picked up the pot of tomato plants (you know the ones I was going to transplant a couple of weeks ago but it's been so dry) and carried them to the garden. I reworked the bed, dug the holes, put the plants in and watered them well. I got 8 plants transplanted into their new home. I think there's three more plants that I will put out in the next day or two. But to make a long story short....About an hour and a half after I got the plants put out the rains came. It's been raining for an hour or so but the good news is there's rain in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. YAY RAIN!!!!!!! :)

Our garden is at a standstill because of the dry weather....Well everything except the peppers and I picked a dishpan full of peppers this morning. Bell peppers, hot banana peppers, Jalapeno peppers, Cayenne peppers and sweet banana peppers. I'm going to put them in the freezer for seasoning soups and stews this winter.

The temps have dropped since the rain moved in. According to the computer the temp is only seventy-six here right now. That's quite different from the ninety-eight we had yesterday. Also a pleasent respite. :)

The young chicks are growing like weeds, the ducks are almost grown and the goslings have taken a real liking to me. So much so that Goliath tries to eat my finger when I feed them grass clippings. LOL Now if we could just get our garden to grow like the new birds are growing we'd be in business.

There you have the latest news from Hunny Bunny Haven. The best news is the rain! :) Thanks for dropping by and do come back any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment