Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Tributes

It is in memory of Joshua Shane Ladd (died in Iraq 2003) and Matthew Stovall (died in Iraq 2003) and all the other men and women who have paid the ultimate price through out the years to keep our country free that I observe Memorial Day 2011.Both the young men mentioned were with our Philadelphia National Guard and were deployed in October of 2002. Josh was the grandson of my precious friend Mrs. Gladys and the son of Debra and Randy Ladd. Matthew was the son of Ernest and Ellon Stovall. I knew Josh from the time he was born and he is sorely missed. I never knew Matthew but I know that there is a emptiness that will never be filled again in the Stovall family.Without young men and women like the ones I've mentioned we would not be the country we are today. Thank you to all our military people for the job you do to keep the people of the United States Of America free. I appreciate my freedom and I know that "Freedom comes at a terrible price. Freedom isn't free."

No comments:

Post a Comment