Friday, May 27, 2011

The Ducks Have Moved To Their New Home!

William finished the new duck pen and shed this morning. We moved the ducks into their new home this afternoon.

They were scared silly when we put them down. Goofy things. They have a nice shed to sleep in at night, a play ground for the day time and their own swimming pool.

Photobucket
We put some of them into the pool when we carried them into the pen. They've never been in water before and they were so funny. They came out of the pool as soon as we set them in it. They will discover how much fun the pool is and it won't take long before we will be filling that pool several times a day.

I think we're going to close up the front of the shed so the ducks can be closed in at night. That will give them double protection from predators.

A garden note: The plants in the front were watered this morning. I hope this will help the zucchini to start producing and will be a pick-me-up for the hosta bed.

The garden is cared for another week. All except pulling weeds as they appear and gathering squash.

The Jalapeno peppers have a few small peppers on them. I hope I can have some Jalapeno by next weekend.

When I was fertilizing the cucumbers I saw a few tiny cukes. In a few days they will be ready to pick. Cucumber sandwiches sound good to me!

That's our Friday here at Hunny Bunny Haven. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Memorial Day! Please remember the reason we celebrate Memorial Day and also remember if it wasn't for these men and women we would not be the country we are today!

No comments:

Post a Comment