Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday: A Day For Working

I got up early this morning. Got the animals taken care of and then I pulled weeds from around the beets. After pulling the weeds from the beets I hoed the squash and cucumbers then I washed and hung out the sheets and dish towels. Did all this before William even knew it was daylight. I'm a good wife. ROFL

I've been cooking and cleaning to get ready for our company tomorrow. There's three fresh strawberry pies in the refrigerator and a big bowl of potato salad. Also, a pint of homemade ranch dressing is in the frig. All I have to do tomorrow is bake the ham, cook the veggies and make the green salad.

We finally got the okra planted today. I let the seeds soak in some luke warm water and they were already sprouting before they went into the ground. We should be seeing the plants within a week.

It's about time for me to get some rest so I'll be ready for tomorrow. I hope you all have a blessed Resurection Sunday. :)

2 comments:

  1. You had a busy day. I love okra but have never tried to grow it. Not sure it would grow here in the north.

    It sounds like you have a great meal planned to share with your company today.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how okra would grow up north. It loves hot weather. It's kin to cotton if I'm not wrong. I hope we have enough to put a lot in the freezer and to can some whole.

    We had our three girls with us yesterday along with some of the grands and one's Goddaughter. There was enough food for an army. We'll be eating leftovers for most of the week. LOL

    Thanks for reading my blog. Hope your week is blessed beyond measure. :)

    ReplyDelete