Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday A Good Day For Working

We got up this morning and went to the grocery store. We left the house a little after six o'clock. Got that out of the way early. Grocery shopping isn't one of my favorite chores but eating is one of my favorite things to do so had to buy something to eat.

When we got home we moved those stinky little ducks to the outside brooder. We have them where they should stay warm tonight. I hope they don't get too warm.

I went to see about them about seven tonight and had to change out everything in the brooder. They had everything wet and nasty. They are growing like weeds.

William worked outside today. He put handrails to the steps on the front porch, finished digging the bed for the asparagus beans, cut some weeds growing on the west bank, dug holes to put up the frame for the swing and I'm sure there's more but I can't remember everything he did. He doesn't stop to rest....Only to eat and get some water.

I worked in some of the raised beds today. I pulled the weeds from the tomatoes and the green beans. I plan to pull dirt up around the greenbeans and then lay the soaker hose in the bed tomorrow. After I get the hose put down I want to put some pine straw in as mulch. I hope to get all the beds worked tomorrow.

The okra seed that I tested for germination had a good germination rate. Eight out of ten seed sprouted. So I know the seed are good that I saved from last year's okra crop. I'm planning to get them planted tomorrow morning.

We got the pen ready for the rabbit that is supposed to have her kits around the twenty-sixth. We will put her in the pen tomorrow. The nesting box is ready for her and the babies.

I bought plastic eggs to hide Sunday afternoon. They're stuffed with candy and one has a little extra in it. I have larger eggs with little stuffed rabbits, candy and some moolah stuck in them for each of the grands. I'm looking forward to seeing our children and the grands that get to come. I wish all of them could be here but when a person has a job they work when the boss says work or they don't work at all.

That's about all that was accomplished here today. Tomorrow will be a busy day. I plan to make a potato salad and three strawberry pies for our lunch on Sunday. I want to get the ham ready to go in the oven also. That will help with all I'll need to do on Sunday morning.

I hope you all have a good weekend and a blessed Resurection Sunday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment