Monday, March 30, 2009

They're Heeeerrrrrreeeee!

The phone rang a little after six this morning. When I answered it a lady said, "Mrs. Roberson, your chicks are at the post office." Yipee.....we have 27 new babies. William went to pick them up while I got their new home all ready for them.

I took each one of the chicks and dipped it's beak into the water and set it down in the box that is their home for a few days. Some of them were a little wobbly but it didn't take long for them to start running around, drinking water and eating.


The baby chicks




They haven't gotten quiet since I put them in the box. They're eating like godzilla.

We are feeding them starter/grower mix. The water has a spoonful of apple cider vinegar in it to help with the chicks digestive system.

We have a mix of the buttercup breed and the Easter eggers. I'd say they are doing fine, so far.

I enjoy listening to them cheep. Every once in a while I hear a louder cheep. They're already establishing the pecking order. Kids start young these days. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment