Saturday, September 11, 2010

I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hungry!!!! While that's nothing unusual it's what I'm hungry for that is unual for me. I want some good old fashion southern food. You know, like blackeyed peas cooked with bacon grease in them, corn fried in a black iron skillet with butter, salt and black pepper, mashed potatoes, fried chicken with gravy and biscuits and a hunk of cornbread on the side. To top off the meal I want a fresh slice cucumber, some green onions and hot peppers (Cayenne or Jalapeno, doesn't matter as long as they make me sweat.).

I would be having sliced tomatoes with all the other goodies but there's no tomatoes in the garden.....No ripe ones any way. A few small green ones but they're not large enough to fry so tomatoes are out for this meal. :(

I don't usually want this kind of food and I usually eat very healthy with whole grains and low carb veggies due to the fact that I am diabetic. Yesterday and today I have been craving some good old southern cooking.

It's cooking right now. I don't think there will be cornbread but biscuits are a big MAY BE! The rest is a FOR SURE.

I took the veggies and the chicken from the freezer and then went to the garden for the cucumbers (yep there are cucumbers ready to eat...YIPEE), green onions and the peppers.
I will eat today and be good tomorrow.

Everyone deserves to "Pig Out" every once in a while. Today is my "Once In A While." I hope the food taste as good as it smells. YUM, YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment