Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How Dry Is Dry?

How dry is it here? So dry that when we walk across our lawn it crackles under our feet. We need rain so very much.

We're keeping our garden watered but we can't afford to water the yard and the garden. We had to keep our priorities in order. It sure is hard to see my roses looking so bad and all the other flowers turning brown for lack of water.

I should have planned my flower beds more carefully. Instead of placing them around in so many different areas, I should have placed them all together. We could have kept them watered if I'd planted them all closer together. But NO, I had to place beds all around the front yard. It would cost a fortune to keep them watered.

When the weather cools down, I'm going to rework all the beds and bring them closer together. We can put grass where the old beds were.

Maybe, we'll get some rain in the next few days. I'm praying we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment