Thursday, August 30, 2012

Issac's A Come Calling

We've had rain brought in to us by Isaac the barely a hurricane that has wreaked destruction over the southern part of Mississippi and is doing a job on central Mississippi now.

I woke up to rain this morning and tornado warnings for our county and the counties below us.  I don't think there's been a full five minutes that rain wasn't falling today.

About ten o'clock we were under another tornado warning and this time the weather guys were spotting the rotation about two miles from our home.  We were spared yet another time.  But, we're under a watch until five in the morning.  It will be a restless night for me.

Our garden looked alright as darkness fell but we did get some heavy rain and some wind out of the last system pushing through here.  I'm a afraid to see what the garden looks like in the morning. 

I hope our birds will have sense enough to get in their houses and stay there while all this rain is falling.  They'll be drowned if they don't.

That's the update on Isaac for east central Mississippi.  I hope and pray that everyone in his path will be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment