Friday, August 17, 2012

A Rainy Week

We've had rain here at Hunny Bunny Haven almost every day this week.  The rain has put a halt to any garden work. 

I did get to work around the cucumbers one afternoon.  They've shown their appreciation by growing a foot (or so it looks) since then. 

The cucumbers are all that's gotten any attention from me because of the rain.  William put some fertilizer around some of the garden.  The rain will help with getting that food down around the roots of the tomatoes, peas, squash, etc. 

The tomatoes William transplanted aren't growing as fast as I expected them to grow.  I'm sure we will have some more ninety degree days and then they will jump up like jumping jacks.

We've sold the chickens we were trying to sell and really more ducks than I'd intended to sell.  I had six ducks advertised in the Mississippi Farm Bulletin but I sold seven of my ten ducks.  I'm keeping a trio.

There you have it, the news from our little piece of heaven right here on earth.  Thanks for coming by and do come again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment