Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Deed Is Finally Done....

William and I finally got the late summer garden planted this morning.  We planted two beds of Zipper Cream Peas, three hills of yellow squash, zucchini and cucumbers and planted green beans around one of the teepees.  Now if we can just get a rain so the seeds will germinate and we can have fresh vegetables until frost.

We plan to remove the early tomato vines in a few weeks (they're still producing right now and they're all we have at this time) and plant Kale and Swiss Chard where the tomatoes were.  We will most likely do this around the first of September. 

We could use another raised bed or two.  I'm not going to tell this to William though.  He's worked so hard building all the beds we have that I'm daresome to ask for more.  I would like to have a nice size bed for collard greens and one for a mixture of mustard and turnip greens.  As my Mom always said "Your wants won't hurt you."

It's very hot here today.  We came in when we finished planting and have been inside ever since.  The heat index is supposed to be around 105 degrees today.  That's a little warm to suit me.  The a/c is working it's fan off to keep the house cool. 

This is about all that's happening around here today.  Nothing exciting but that's the way I like it.  See ya'll later, neighbor.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment