Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Morning After....

the rain was just as I expected. The greens look like they grew six inches overnight. The kale is big enough to pick along with the turnip greens and mustard.

I'm going to wait and pick the turnip greens and mustard over the weekend. I'm hankering for some more good old southern food. I am thinking there will be the mixed greens, fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, hot peppers, cucumbers and some of those pear tomatoes that are ripe on the menu for Saturday dinner.

The Jalapeno plants have a lot of peppers almost ready for picking. The plan for these peppers is to chop them and put them in the freezer for making salsa a little later on.

I guess I'd better get into canning mode if I plan to make the salsa, barbecue sauce and some jellies for Christmas gifts. Christmas will be "snuck" up on me if I'm not careful.

Today is sunny with a few white, fluffy clouds floating around. The leaves are turning on the oaks, sweet gums and elms. Fall is in the air but the temperatures today don't feel like fall. It's a bit warm outside today.

We finally got the propane installed for this winter. We had the house plumbed with two outlets but as large as the heater in the living room is we probably won't need another heater. That is unless we have another winter like last winter.

Life is good around Hunny Bunny Haven. Thanks for dropping by and please do come again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment