Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Hate To Admit It.......




But I know I have to. Summer's coming to a close. According to the weather forecast for Friday night and Saturday morning, the temperature is dropping to a cool....er cold thirty-one degrees. That means FROST!!!!



This morning I gathered all the green tomatoes, the peppers, the cucumbers, the larger of the pear tomatoes and the last of the green beans.



The tomatoes are larger than the ones we grew in the earlier part of the summer. It sure panged me to pull those tomatoes from the vines. I wanted to let them ripen on the vine but it is not to be. I will wrap them in newspaper and put them in a box to ripen.



The squash plants have several small squash on them but the squash aren't as big as my pointer finger. They would be good salad fixings though. It would be a good idea to pick them tomorrow morning before we leave for our day trip.



All good things must come to an end. I've realized that I must say goodbye to the summer of 2010 and the fresh vegetables we've enjoyed from our garden but nowhere is it written that I have to like saying "Goodbye".



'Tis the cycle of life! Seasons come. Seasons go.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I got so hungry reading your blog. It all sounded so good. :) You are just amazing. I love reading about all the vegetables growing and flowers.

    ReplyDelete