Saturday, May 12, 2012

Rain...Glorious Rain.

This morning I woke up to rain.  We've gotten a couple of light showers this last week but we haven't had "real" rain in several weeks.

Our Garden is happy for the drink of water.  The plants are standing upright and are growing.  The peppers have blooms on them and the tomatoes are fruiting.  Yipee!!!!  Tomato sandwiches in the near future or just as good we'll have fried green tomatoes.

We planted more tomatoes today and replanted some of the sunflowers that didn't germinate.  There's still enough space in two of the raised beds for more tomatoes.
 
We are planning to till an area to plant more green beans.  I hope we can get to that next week but the forecast calls for rain several days of the week. 

I have some Rattlesnake bean seed that I want to plant.  A late friend, Mrs. Gladys, used to plant the Rattlesnake beans and she would give me seed.  I haven't had seed for these beans in a long time.  Thanks to Martin I have some now.  :)

The goose never hatched her eggs.  Trinity cleaned the nest out last Wednesday.  Also, none of the duck eggs hatched. 

The incubators that we have do not hold the temps as they should and this is causing the eggs to not hatch.  We're going to have to give up and buy a good incubator.  I think it will pay for itself in the long run.

We do have an incubator full of hen eggs going right now.  We are more successful with hatching chickens than the ducks, geese or turkeys.

If we are going to hatch birds to sell, we're going to have to do better than what we're doing right now.

We have twenty-seven baby bunnies born this week.  This makes us a total of sixty-two rabbits!  Far too many for me!  No more breeding bunnies until we sell some of the ones we have.  I sure hope William reads this.

This is all that's happening at Hunny Bunny Haven for the week.  Thank you for dropping by and do come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment