Friday, January 28, 2011

I See Signs Of Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sakura (the pooch) and I took a little walk around the yard this week. There are signs of spring. OH YEAH!!!!! The Forsythia is budding. The Japanese Magnolia has huge buds on it and the snowball bush (or tree as it's tall as the house is high) has small clusters of buds on it.

We didn't check the Daffodils. I need to do that in the morning while I prune the roses. If the Daffodils are poking their little heads through the frost burned grass then I'll know that spring is well on the way.

Another way I know spring is coming is.....I have itchy fingers. The sun is shining so pretty today and that makes me want to dig in the garden. I think I'm going to order some English pea seeds and plant a bed of those. William loves English peas and he really likes fresh ones much better than those canned things we buy.

While I'm sure we will have some more bone-chilling cold there's hope for warmer days. I've seen the signs!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment