Monday, June 22, 2009

Sansevieria Trifasciato In Bloom

In other words my Mother-In-Law's Tongue/Snake Plant is blooming. This plant was given to me by my dear, sweet friend, Mrs. Gladys about five years ago. The plant had two blades when she gave it to me. Now it fills a large flower pot and is over two feet tall. It's probably getting close to three feet tall.

I've had the MIL's Tongue plant before but have never had one to bloom. This bloom has been on the plant for over a week. It's odd looking to me but strangely beautiful.

I hope that this doesn't mean that my plant is going to die. Some plants only bloom once in their lifetime and then they die. I'd be so disappointed if this happens to this plant because it's special to me.

The MIL's Tongue in bloom:
Photobucket

One more picture of the bloom:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment