Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Garden Pay Off!

The garden is finally paying off...For our dinner we had grilled pork loin, grilled zucchini, yellow squash and onion (the squash and zucchini were from our garden), cucumbers from our garden, sweet banana peppers and jalapeno from the garden and bought tomatoes.  I could eat like this every day.  The best part of the whole meal is everything was low in fat, carbs and calories.

I put four quarts of yellow squash and three quarts of zucchini in the freezer before we left on our trip to Alabama.  The next harvesting will be canned along with the green beans.

The tomatoes haven't started ripening yet.  I'm trying to hold off until they are ripe but if they don't hurry up and ripen I'm going to be having "Fried Green Tomatoes".

This is the time of year that I enjoy the most.  Fresh vegetables for most every meal.  I truly believe that there's no better food in the world than fresh garden vegetables.

Off the gardening subject:  We gained a son-in-law this last weekend.  Erica married Timmy Bozeman on Saturday, June 2nd.  They were married on the beach in Orange Beach, Alabama.  The ceremony was beautiful as was the scenery but neither compared to the beauty of the bride and the groom was very handsome.  I hope they'll always be as happy as they were that evening.

 

Erica and Timmy, June 2, 2012.

Thanks for dropping in.  I hope you'll come back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment