Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today There's Blue Skies Over My Head....


but this is what we woke up to last Thursday morning (February 9th).
This amount of snow may not look like much to some of you northern people but believe me....It's a lot for our East Central Mississippi area.
While getting snow in this area puts a kink into everything....driving, work, school and most everything else....it does add a lot of moisture to our drought ridden soil. For that I am thankful.
I'm still looking for spring. Everyone around here is thinking the snow last Wednesday night and Thursday morning is our last real cold....I'm just smiling and thinking....."NOT!" There's still plenty of time for a couple more snows to fall and maybe more.
I remember about twenty-five years ago the ground was covered with snow on April 6th. It's a long time until April 6th. So we shall see just what the weather has in store for this little town in East Central Mississippi.
I've learned this winter to "roll with the flow". What will be...will be. There's nothing we can do about the weather.
Even though I'm not crazy about snow it did get the children a day off school (the teachers had to go in but later ....Poor William), put moisture into the soil and it was pretty to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment