Friday, August 8, 2014

Sweets For The Sweetie.

It's jelly making time here at Hunny Bunny Haven.  I've canned seventeen pints and two half-pints of apple jelly this week. 

 
 

 
Along with the jelly I have eleven quart bags of apples in our freezer.  I see fried apple pies later on in the fall and winter. 

Our daughter, Sandi gave us two watermelons from their garden.  After we ate what we wanted, I peeled and sliced one of them.  It's setting overnight in the refrigerator.  After letting it set overnight with sugar on it, I will make watermelon preserves out of it tomorrow. 

Tomorrow I will peel and slice (I may try cubing the next one) the other one to make more preserves from.

My sister told me I could get some pears from the trees they have to make pear preserves and pear jelly, also.

I have some figs in the freezer and four bags (gallon size) of blueberries in the freezer to make fig preserves and blueberry jelly out of as soon as I get the other fruits canned.

It's been several years since I've had any fruits available to me.  I'm excited to be canning and preserving some for my family this year. 

William likes to have jellies, jams or preserves with his breakfast every morning.  He should be a happy camper with what we are being given or have been able to harvest from our blueberry bushes this summer.

That's all that's going on at Hunny Bunny Haven.  I'm a little tired but it's a happy kind of tired.  One that makes me feel as if I've accomplished something.

Thanks for stopping by and do come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment