Tuesday, January 22, 2013

More Changes Here On The Homestead!

A lot is happening here on our homestead.  William is having a lot of trouble with his right knee.  He has an appointment with an orthopedic doctor on January 31st to find out what has to be done to fix his knee.  He has a tear in the meniscus, a cyst in his knee and bone damage in the knee.  We think he is looking at surgery.  It will be wonderful if we're wrong.  However, we don't think we will be wrong.  If we are mistaken, it will be a big surprise!

We've sold all our animals except for our six geese and one duck.  Trinity will be taking the duck.  We will keep the geese.  I can take care of them.  William doesn't want me in the pasture taking care of all the animals.  The ground gets so slippery when it's wet and here lately we've had a lot of rain.

It would be hard for me to care for the animals and both the flea market booths.  So far, the flea market booths are more profitable for us than the animals.

If William does have surgery we plan to purchase more animals after he recovers.  He also has arthritis in his knees so recovery could be slow. 

I know I sound pessimistic but I'm just trying to be prepared. 

I miss hearing the roosters crow, the guineas carrying on and the turkeys gobbling but change is part of life.  I still have the "honkers" to listen to!

We are still planning to have our garden.  Although, it will be much smaller than what we usually plant. 

I still call myself a homesteader.  There's a homesteader's heart beating inside my chest.

We can still call the place Hunny Bunny Haven because one of our young rabbits escaped and it (he/she) is still hopping around here.  It has survived over two months roaming around the yard and pasture. 

Maybe we can capture it before some varmint makes the bunny dinner!


There's some of the changes that have taken place here at Hunny Bunny Haven.

Thank you all for stopping in for a visit.  I hope you all will come back soon. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment