Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What's Going On Around Here?

First I have a confession to make. I never got the greens planted. It may be too late now as we have temps in the 40s forecast for the weekend. I guess I can wait and plant the seed next spring. The day I was planning to plant the greens rain came and came hard. That stopped the planting for a few days.

Another excuse I'm using is that I've been really busy with taking care of all the paperwork that we inherited when my MIL passed away September 3rd. It's been like a maze trying to get through all the bills, insurance policies, etc. I'm still working on it and I know that I have several more weeks before I'll be finished.

On another note, the green beans are loaded with blooms. We should have fresh green beans in the next few days. The yellow squash are beginning to produce and I found some small zukes. Both squash and zucchini are full of blooms. I wish every bloxxom would produce fruit.

The cucumbers have blooms also. I haven't found any cucumbers yet but if we don't get a frost there should be some soon.

The jalapeno peppers are hanging with red peppers. I don't have enough sweet peppers to make pepper jelly but when I go to the grocery store I plan to buy some to use for the jelly. I love pepper jelly on a sandwich.

William and I are trying to decide if we want to sell our animals. I got an offer one day last week but it wasn't near enough to pay me back for what I paid for the ones I bought. I can't do that. William suggested waiting until spring and then trying to sell them. I just hope that the critters don't come calling and we lose a lot of them. This happens most every fall. I hope the pens are reenforced enough to keep the varmints out.

One more thing that is about to take place is our oldest grandson is being deployed again. He flys out this Saturday for more training and then it's off for another tour. There's going to be a ceremonial send off Saturday for his unit. We plan to go. I know it's going to be so hard to say goodbye to him but I want to see him before he leaves. He's a fine young man and I'm so very proud of him. Still I wish he didn't have to go.

That's all I have to say for now. I've been wordy enough, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment